Full Time 12 Hour Shifts 7a-7p and 7p-7a
- Respects resident choice and preference of providing care especially concerning rising and going to bed, clothing to wear, and residents’ names.
- Follows resident care profiles.
- Recognizes that gait belt is part of the uniform and is a part of all assisted transfers and ambulation.
- Follows safety protocol for transfers and assists for residents according to plan of care.
- Performs peri-care per procedures according to residents’ individual needs and as identified on the plan of care.
- Checks and repositions residents according to individual resident needs and as indicated on plan of care.
- Provides catheter care according to community policy.
- Aware of which residents are on a formal B&B program and assists to the bathroom according to plan of care.
- Uses proper feeding techniques for residents requiring or requesting assistance.
- Ensures proper assistive feeding devices are available at mealtimes for residents.
- Ensures residents maintain proper body alignment.
- Consults charge nurse if instructions for resident care are unclear.
- Makes sure hand cones and splints are properly applied when indicated and kept clean.
- Makes sure all personal assistive devices are labeled and used properly.
- Follows universal precautions for infection control especially pertaining to hand washing, linen and trash removal.
- Performs skin check during bathing and reports any concerns to charge nurse.
- Performs appropriate bathing care according to resident preference and need.
- Provides appropriate nail and oral care.
- Announces presence and informs resident of care processes before they begin.
- Report any unusual observations/incidents to charge nurse immediately.
- Charts care provided and not provided timely and accurately in Caretracker.
- Marks residents’ personal care items when necessary.
- Follows policy and procedure for using supplies and accounting them to specific resident.
- Responds promptly and courteously to call lights.
- Dependability – makes every effort to be timely in reporting to duty and report as per schedule. Avoids over time and follows procedures required to prevent over time.
- Cooperation – maintains a willingness and professional attitude and promotes a positive attitude with staff, residents and families, to achieve maximum resident care.
- Supports administrative policy and KMH philosophy at all times to ensure smooth relationships with staff, residents and visitors.
- Strives to provide genuine home to residents by providing as much choice as possible, focusing on residents’ preferences while putting relationships ahead of tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Appearance must be neat with clean uniform, hair pulled back when long, and fingernails at length appropriate to prevent injury to resident and for infection control.
Education & Experience
Graduate of Certified Nurse Assistant Program recognized by the State of Kansas with current certification.
Genuine interest in the elderly person and the ability to interact with residents, staff and family members. Must be able to communicate adequately in order to understand and address the needs of all residents. Ability to read and understand written instructions regarding the care of residents and be able to document in writing the residents’ response to treatment.
Ability to relate well with the ill elderly and to exhibit an attitude of kindness and understanding in trying situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ability to perform various physically demanding and repetitive movements, including lifting of medium objects, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. The position also involves standing, walking and other activities requiring the employee to be on their feet most of the work shift.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Delta Dental
- KMH paid Life Insurance
- Additional Life
- Critical Illness
- ID/Legal Shield
- Flex Spending
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave